Sunday, June 19, 2011

Closing the Gaps: Red Beignet

Yay! I finished my first Closing the Gaps project, a red Beignet. The pattern was very easy to work with and would have been completed very quickly had I not decided to do 12 bound button holes. They look good anyways.

Fabric: corduroy ($7) red lining ($4.50) blue gingham facings (left overs from The Perfect Summer Dress)
Pattern: Colette Patterns Beignet
Year: contemporary
Notions: buttons ($2)
Time to complete: 3 days-would have been much faster without the bound button holes!
First worn:June 2011
Wear again? I've already worn it twice! The first time I wore it with the same top but a self fabric belt. I think this is going to be a great wardrobe staple!
Total Cost: $13.50

Outfit:
Top: New York and Company
Skirt: me made
Belt: Cassie Stephens Beltmaker
Shoes: Payless
Hair flower: Belle Blossoms






7 comments:

  1. Stephanie, Wonderful!! Your skirt is beautiful! good job filling in that gap! 12 button holes is a lot of work, they look great! I have never done bound button holes, now I want to try them. I really like the red too, this skirt will go with so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Your bound buttonholes look fantastic! And love the belt too! What a great staple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Beignet, the color looks lovely on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This skirt is so lovely. I've been thinking of making one for myself but I have this fear of buttonholes. For some reason they never turn out right for me. Your skirt rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute! And that belt. Absolutely adorable. 12 buttonholes. Yikes. I could never have done 12 bound buttonholes. I get frustrated when I have to do just 3 or 4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute flower! I am a sucker for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty:) I love how individual you are!

    www.billiehoughton.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete