Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Purple Cords and Pretty Hair

Today I did my first attempt at an Edith hair style. Looks pretty good I think!



Looking at her hair, it's neater but also looks longer in the front and shorter in the back. Mine's just the opposite but that's just due to the length my hair is now. I think it'll be a bit closer when my hair's longer.


And here's my purple corduroy 40s jacket! (Simplicity 3688)


I'm very happy with it, though I think I'd make the sleeves a smidge longer next time.


Buttons on pockets with button hole.



Buttons on sleeve with out button holes.




 Inside of bound button holes.

Outside of bound button holes.


Lining-plaid quilting cotton on the body and green garment lining for the sleeves.


 I can't recall if I've ever shared this blouse on the blog before. It's another version of Colette Pattern's Sorbetto with a self-drafted collar and sleeves from Wearing History's Smooth Sailing blouse. I also added self fabric ties at the side seams to give a better shape. The fabric is white with tiny yellow polka dots!

And in case you are wondering, I did snap some pictures in my Edith's black floral blouse too! Check out the facebook page for a sneak peak! (And you might as well like my page while you're there.)

5 comments:

  1. I love the color combinations you did for the jacket. I have been wanting to make a corduroy jacket for sometime now, but just have not found the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corduroy is always beautiful! I love the color you choose for the jacket :)

    Very good job!


    http://alicecloset-sewing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lining fabric is gorgeous and so is the hair 'do'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much prettiness! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete