Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Pretty Dress for a Pretty Day

Sunday was just perfect weather wise so it needed a really pretty dress!


 I love a nice 50s dress! And this one has pockets!


It's Simplicity 1097 from 1955.


I originally made this dress for Thanksgiving last year, but with a a different belt and hat, it's almost like having a new dress!


It was a bit breezy so my bangs are all over the place!



I love this little pink hat! The print on my dress has black, gray, white, pink and purple so there's loads of accessory opportunities!


I really want to make another version of this dress in something a bit more drape-y. This fabric is quite stiff so I don't even need a crinoline!


Wishing you all some lovely early summer days for pretty dresses!

5 comments:

  1. I love the subtle polka dot print. From afar it could pass as a gingham. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! That is definitely a great choice of dress for a sunny, warm spring day.

    This style of 1950s dress - with double breasted buttons and wide nautical-esque collars is of my all-time favourites. I have at least a couple dresses in this style already and recently bought another (80s does 40s/50s one) on eBay that's winging its way to me as speak.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful print! And I totally agree with Sean!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so lovely. I'd love to see a close up of the print and all the colors. Your little pink hat is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress. I used the same fabric to make a fitted sheath dress recently. I was really wondering how the stiff fabric would look in a full skirt. The dress looks very lovely on you. Bonus, no crinoline needed means one less layer to wear in the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete