Monday, February 24, 2014

A Gala

My life does not have many opportunities for glamor but this weekend I went to a charity gala for Alzheimer's research.


And what does one wear to a gala except an evening gown and vintage velvet jacket!


The velvet jacket was given to me by my mother-in-law. I'm not sure how old it is but it's very pretty. The lining needs to be replaced but it's still wearable.




The Gala was so much fun! Good wine and good food and everyone all gussied up!


Ironically enough, the gala was across the street from the art institute where I originally photographed this outfit.


Everyone loved my dress! I felt oh so fabulous in it!

Have you ever been to a gala?

10 comments:

  1. You must have been the glamourpuss of the gala in that stunning outfit! Just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtakingly gorgeous ensemble!!! And may I just say, as someone who lost a dear family member on my husband's side to Alzheimer's last year, thank you very much for supporting this truly important cause.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the shimmer and shine. It looks stunning on you. Very beautiful! Worthy of a grand entrance:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so terribly glamorous. You look just like an old time starlet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful color! I love the shimmer and shine of the fabric!

    And no, I have not ever been to a gala... *sigh* one day.

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so fabulous, Stephanie!
    Don't we all wish a bit more occassions to wear such great outfits? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every girl needs at least one elegant item in her wardrobe for those moments when she actually has a gala to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gorgeous evening dress, with beautiful forever. Vivi kisses ...
    (http://casacherry.blogspot.com.br/)

    ReplyDelete