Thursday, March 12, 2015

Florida Orange

Although my Wardrobe Architect project is focusing on my modern wardrobe, my new outlook on clothes couldn't help but spill over into my vintage wardrobe. I've been focusing on what things I really love to wear and one of those is bright colors!


 So enter this bright and orange outfit! Last summer, my unofficial color was orange and I loved it.


And since I purchased this skirt of oranges specifically with Florida in mind, it was about time that I wore it out and about!


 I also adore the shape of this outfit. You can't go wrong with a fitted waist and full skirt.


Bonus points go to this outfit for being husband approved. He's warmed up to the vintage look a lot since I've started wearing it but it's always nice to have a modern twist like a bold color in his opinion.


These photos were taken at a local park. There are actually quite a lot of parks here in Florida. It's so great that they are trying to preserve a lot of the local ecosystem.


 The other Floridian addition to this post is my flip flops. I wore flip flops almost constantly as a freshman and sophomore in college (until it got too cold anyways) and I loved it. But then I moved off campus and started being in lab more often so bye bye flip flops. I'm so excited to have a pair again.


Do you enjoy flip flops and bright colors in your wardrobe?

11 comments:

  1. I love the color orange and I LOVE that skirt! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Jenny skirt by Pin Up Girl Clothing. I just checked there site and it's currently out of stock in this print but they might restock at some time in the future. http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/jenny-skirt-orange.html

      Delete
  2. That skirt is so cute! I love that it has oranges on it!

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer
    boyerfamilysingersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute outfit! I just love the skirt SO much!! It looks like amazingly gorgeous weather down there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great skirt, and the colors look fabulous on you. It's great that you love bright, cheerful colors so much, because the look really suits your coloring.
    Cheers,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a fantastic outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute! I've always had a soft spot for that orange print skirt. It's a shame that your hubby doesn't think you look fabulous in all your vintage finery, because you generally look amazing. But I love the pops of brighter color (not at all unusual in the old days!) especially for your new tropical location.
    I've never been able to wear flip flops myself (thanks, hereditary bunions) but there is something lovely about wearing a pair of sandals on a hot day. Last year I invested in a pair of Crocs flat sandals (to my horror) and lived in them all summer... I'm thinking this year I may have to invest in the low wedge version of the same shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful skirt, park and photos. It's great that your husband has warmed more to your vintage attire. I'm fortunate that Tony absolutely loves my old school styles - it would be darn near impossible for me to be married to someone who didn't, as they're such an integral part of my life.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are two of my favorite things! But I've had to give up flip flops because of back problems. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling,
    Let me say it: Florida is doing you good. You look like you're glowing (on the images). :) Your clothing chice is adorable, dear.. but, when it comes to flip-flops - no, I don't own them, since I find them rather troublesome (and I'm sure I have 2hobbit-feet" - something I don not like showing).
    Another thing: I think our hair is about the same lenght not - would you make more tutorials? :)

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been contemplating this skirt for sometime, and it is a perfect fit for you in Florida!!

    I wish you all the best for your new wardrobe outlook too! And looking forward to hearing more about it!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete