Wednesday, March 18, 2015

On My Sewing Table: March

February was the month of I don't want to sew anything. In my defense, life was pretty crazy so I just decided to take a break from sewing. But now my sewing mojo is back! I had a sewing stay-cation this weekend while my hubby was out of town on a business trip. (He also took all of the cameras with him so you'll have to deal with iPhone photos.) Here's what I was working on.


I finally finished my Wearing History 1930s beach pjs! Now to wear them to the beach.


I also finished the jacket for my 40s suit for the 40s Fashion Calendar project. I'm behind on February's task but at least my suit will be ready!


I also started Sense and Sensibility Pattern's 1940s Swing Dress. I made it way, way back in 2011. It didn't go so well but I've learned a lot since then and this version is going much better.


 I also started working on my Borgia dress! I've done a bit of embroidery and have been playing around with pearling options. And I bought some more pearls finally so I can start putting them on for real.


 I've been pondering Spring/Summer sewing plans (since that's coming up for the Wardrobe Architect project) but haven't made any final plans yet. These are just a few patterns that popped out at me as possibilities.

5 comments:

  1. Hello there.
    I like your sewing table.
    Mine is non-existant (I pull the machine out when I decide to work - that's called "lack of space").. and these days I'm sure I'll be reconstructing a skirt for spring.

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful projects going, Stephanie! I can't wait to see the S&S 1940s dress! In fact, I can't wait to see all of the garments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So many beautiful new garments :) I am quite excited to see your beach pajamas - I plan on making a pair for myself this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to see the beach pajamas too! I have the original pattern from the 1930s but have never made it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sneak peek of your Borgia dress has really piqued my interest. It looks breathtaking!!!

    Happy sewing and start of spring alike, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete