Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Summer Project 333 Wrap Up

It's been almost 3 months since I started my summer Project 333 so I thought I'd share a bit about how it went. If you missed the first post when I started Project 333, go check it out first. I started out with 4 empty hangers for WIPs that I wanted to finish during the three months.


 And I ended up finishing three of them. The yellow skirt I got finished early on and it actually got a lot of wear even if it didn't make it on the blog. The other two pieces got finished later so didn't get as much use. They are quite summery though, and probably won't make the cut into the fall wardrobe.


And here are the things that didn't get worn. The two dresses got retired pretty quickly and replaced by other things. The white blouse also got replaced with a new white blouse since it's getting a bit sad. The blue skirt is also in need of replacing and never made it out of the closet. And it was too hot for capris this summer. I also had quite a few pair of shoes go unworn or almost unworn so I'll be rethinking those.


I added four new blouses to my wardrobe which I did actually need.


And three new skirts. One I made, one I purchased and one I added from my boxed up wardrobe.


And, of course, the 1920s one hour dresses! I love them and I'm sure several will make it into the fall wardrobe.


And I also added one more cardigan (hello, air conditioning!) and a comfy pair of flats.

This brought my total number of items up to 41 which isn't bad. I have a much better idea of what I actually want to wear on a day to day basis. I'm excited to try this again for fall. I have gotten a bit tired with the pieces since many of them were on heavy rotation before Project 333. Since the weather is a lot more consistent here in Florida as compared to Ohio, my wardrobe rotations are going to be more about not getting bored rather than because my closet has suddenly become unseasonable.

This weekend, I'm going to be prepping my next round of Project 333. I haven't finished any of my "Fall" sewing projects but they are more like "Winter" projects here in Florida anyways so I'll be leaving space for them in my Fall wardrobe. I've really enjoyed having a smaller wardrobe to deal with when getting ready in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! I think that you did great this summer and am sincerely eager to see your autumn spin on this project.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete